John Martin

The Big Kahunas needs to include Hubcap Grill.

John, Hubcap Grill will be on the list when they spread into more than one location.

Manuel

what do you think of the bellaire broiler burger. i've heard some good things http://www.houstonbizdir.com/bbb/

tshu

The following have more than one location. I'll let others decide what category they should be in.

Avalon Diner
    59 Diner
    Jax Grill
    Otto's
    Miller's Cafe

Thanks, tshu – list updated.

Bellaire Broiler Burger is a classic. But it's not on the list because it only has one location.

Jack in the Box too, but I would put it in the lowest category.

I would move Fuddrucker's up one category, and Smashburger down one category (or more).

John

Sweet Mesquite has at least 3 locas. Probably the Hurry category. I don't think they are up to Skeeters quality.

I'd put the grilled sourdough burger from Jack-in-the-box into the Fine category, but the other burgers into Hurry. (my comparison is Whataburger)

John

Okay, one more post (next time I'll compose all my thoughts first):

Christian's Tailgate has two locations — does that count? I think you should set the minumum at 3, although I like them a lot.

Good catch on JitB. It's always been a fast food chain that I like, but they don't seem to be able to do a good premium burger. Their sirloin burgers have a weird, chemical taste.

I agree about the grilled sourdough burger; it's the best burger that JitB has ever done. But to me, it's just a slightly better fast food burger; the utterly generic hamburger patty keeps it from moving up in class. I'll also update the list with your new suggestions.

To me, Christian's doesn't feel like a chain; the two locations couldn't be more different.

Carla

I personally think Smashburger is over-rated! The meat is dry and flavorless.

I would definitely add Mel's Country Cafe to the "Worth the Wait" category.