CandacitaBonita

I'm shocked at your bad experience. I've been eating at Sam's Deli Diner since I could eat solid foods. My dad ate there as a child too. I've never had a dry burger, or a bad day there. Hope you give it another chance.

Turtle

I ate at Sam's once.
    The burgers are pre-made & frozen. The tomato, onions, etc. they put on them redeem the boring, but large, meat patty somewhat. Since yours was "dry," well, you got what you asked for all right.
    I don't understand how this place ranked in the TX Monthly top 50.

kylejack

In 2001 when I was selling cars next door at Jeff Haas Mazda this place was excellent. Looks like they've upscaled the decor and downgraded the food. What a shame.

Katharine

WTF happened to you, Sam's?!? Like Candace, I grew up eating here and it's always been my favorite burger in town. And that does NOT look like a Sam's Deli Diner burger. I am so ashamed of them right now. So. Ashamed.

Phaedra

I agree totally with Katharine. I've never had a burger from them that didn't drip meaty juices. That burger looks terrible. I'm going to make a reconnaissance trip tonight to see if it's consistently bad now. I hope not.

I'd love to find out that this was an anomaly – please follow up with your findings, and a photo, if possible.

taylor

i am surprised at your bad Sam's visit. i am pretty sure the patties ARE frozen, but i have watched the burgers being made ( while sitting at the counter) and i've seen them "church em up" as my husband would say. i also recommend putting the fries ON your burger. the milkshakes are always good. the burgers aren't my favorite, but they usually aren't this bad at all. hope you'll give them another shot. try a saturday afternoon- they are packed and really rockin' there.

Phaedra

This is a follow-up to my comment from the 18th. I made it to Sam's last night and order the same thing Albert did: Cheeseburger, no tomato, dry. While the toppings (onion, lettuce, etc.) were of good quality, the burger itself is indeed frozen and coming out of a box.
    I know that if you get a bacon burger here, the portions are quite generous. As long as they continue using boxed burger patties, it's going to be required to get something with a lot of moist (greasy) toppings to feel like you're getting a "homemade" burger.
    A photo of the box o' patties is here: http://tweetphoto.com/40084727
    My family and I have had many visits here in the past. It's been awhile since I'd been in, as I've become a Hubcap Grill regular. Still, my best resource for a handcrafted burger in West Houston is gone. Any suggestions on where else to go?

IT'S SAD HOW PEOPLE JUST COMPLAIN AND DON'T SEE HOW HARD THIS PEOPLE WORK. SPECIALLY DURING LUCH TIME. I'VE ALWAYS HAD A GOOD TIME GOING TO SAM'S DELI. CASHIERS ARE VERY NICE AND ARE WILLING TO PLEASE EVERYONE THAT COMES IN.

Hi, Anon. I admire hard work, but a restaurant is measured by its results. You tell me – was the burger in the photo something that a top-notch burger place would serve to a customer?