Albert-

I just checked my emails and I got a PR release saying the Barbed Rose announced their opening via You Tube (?) in July. This would mean that the majority of Houstonians who indeed seek out a "business lunch" (or whatever) would drive down to Alvin (in the last 6 weeks) and had become so enamored with the Barbed Rose that Houston's City Search crowd decided to vote for them.

I don't know that at this point, the Barbed Rose can even afford advertising, as they have hinted they can't do it, so it doesn't even seem to be something that City Search has profited from.

Sad and stupid.

Agreed. One has to wonder what the parties involved hoped to gain from all this.

eatingatthebar

Do you have any idea what the raw data was? How many votes did they get? Or at least how many more than the number 2 guy? Some votes could be from the "support our hometeam" spirit and people in Alvin voted for them even if they had never been. Still hard to believe it could be that many. This still may not be their doing, although the results are definitely skewed. Do either of them have teenagers? not hard to imagine a kid telling his 500 FB "friends" to vote for Dad!
    Mary

To the best of my knowledge, Citysearch provides zero transparency about their methodology or the vote counts.

come eat at the restaurant before you start talkin all this mess. chow hounds? i guess yall dont know good food if it slapped you in the face.

Anon (may I call you Anon?) I didn't review the food at this establishment. All I did was point out the absurdity of these "Best of CitySearch" awards.

It is certainly possible that The Barbed Rose is, in fact, the finest restaurant in the Houston area. But I wouldn't bet on it.