I've noticed that about the Austin imports. All style; little substance.

It looks like I don't need to seek out Torchy's, either. Thanks for saving me the trip!

Torchy

Proud to be from Austin, and proud to serve Damn Good food.

Cory

I think it was a mistake to get it trashy. The trailer park is MUCH better without the queso on top. I think Torchy's much more than style over substance. Damn good tacos.

Torchy's is amazing. Go back to Taco Cabana (really!?) and stop hating on great food.

Cory, thanks for the suggestion. Next time I'll try the Trailer Park without queso.

Torchy's has great food. They handle huge lines and have great customer service. They are by far the most creative taco joint in Houston that I have seen.

In a blog mecca like Houston, it's sad to see such misspelled words and punctuations mistakes. But that just accounts for the taste of the writers. This place has great food and a fun twist on tacos. I say keep it up, Torchy's. Thanks for coming to the Bayou.

I love this restaurant. The only bad thing about it is the PARKING. "The Republican" taco with a side of their delicious queso dip! Makes for a kick ass lunch!

I'm from Austin and have been obsessed with Torchy's since it opened. Was actually the first customer at the Houston location when it opened. For some reason, though, I don't like it as much in Houston.

Has anyone else found that the quality of Torchy's isn't as good in Houston, or am I imagining things?

I agree with Anonymous above.

Bren Hill

I visited Torchy's this past weekend and was considering a review myself, but I would merely be reiterating everything you say here. Good ingredients, prepared ineptly and without flavor, and tacos whose only flavor comes from cilantro and sauce. All in all it was a disappointing experience. I ordered corn totillas because that's what you're supposed to do with great tacos, right? It was a complete disaster! Apparently nobody orders them because they were stale, tasteless, and rubbery.

Anon 6:02PM: "Physician, heal thyself."

Anon 12:59PM: Location does make a difference in the execution. Chuy's, for example, is TERRIBLE in Houston. Elsewhere, it's much better.

Hi,

East coast transplant here. Would you mind offering examples of 'better' Houston eats? Ever since I've come to Texas, it seems like other parts of the state (Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Corpus, little towns, the countryside) have better … you name it than Houston. (And I've also found that Houstonians defend the city to death by deriding the other parts – without giving concrete examples of what's better here. Inferiority complex?) Examples please!

-Thinking Houston needs to step up its game, not its talk.